She or Him

In two days, we will find out our baby's gender.....
I'll let that sink in for a minute.
Okay. Enough sinking. I AM SO EXCITED. I am beside myself in excitement. I don't really know what to do with myself. And being the last week of 3 of my classes, that makes for a very bad situation to be in academically. In a small way, I feel like we're meeting our child really for the first time. Even if we don't know what they look like yet or how their personality is, this is our first moment of knowing them deeper than being aware of their existence. And I am joyful. We both are. John will be able to see the baby for the first time in the ultrasound and I am stoked to see her/him again.
It's been a strange weekend. I find myself literally unable to do what it is I need to do. Which is quite a bit. Yesterday was my work day. I got a lot done. But there's still more that needs to be done. But I can't seem to wrap myself into it, to dedicate myself to it. I'm just ready to be done for a break. Ready to concentrate on more important things of timelessness. What are grades? Okay, okay...they are important. They are. But sometimes I wish they'd just pause so I could drink everything in. I'm ready for Christmas. I'm ready for this baby (as ready as I can be for now, I guess). I'm just...ready. For change. Lots of it. Stay tuned, dear void.
Photo: She & Him found via Consequence of Sound

Comments

Kaley said…
Who you callin' a void?? ;)

Popular Posts