Catch Up

It's my catch-up day. I survived the end of the semester. SURVIVED!!! I technically have one more class and a quiz and a project due that I've already finished. But I'm not concerned. It will be fine.
So today is catch-up day to recover from all the crazy school days where I couldn't help with dinner or do anything to clean up the house because I was busy plastering dresses and painting things. However...it's 2:38pm and I'm still in my jammies. However, I have done some laundry and am steadily cleaning up the kitchen/diningroom/etc. I now have Christmasy smells going through the house along with Christmasy music...while I waste time on this machine. It IS nice to just relax with little on my plate besides the quiz and baking cookies either tonight or tomorrow.
Last night I had my first official experience of no longer fitting a piece of clothing; a pair of pants. I could still button them but they would have been very uncomfortable. So I said that is that and set them aside and wore preggo leggings instead which were SO comfortable. So I guess it has begun! Thankfully, they were a pair of my skinnier pants. The jeans I wore before I lost 20 pounds are still much too big for me...which makes me glad. I have still only gained about 6.5 pounds. And although my appetite has changed dramatically in the past few weeks (example: despite eating a HUGE dinner last night, right before I laid down to go to sleep, I was shaking with hunger and felt like I was going to puke if I didn't force-feed myself some crackers.), I am trying to eat healthy and just eat lots of tiny meals instead of...lots of GIANT meals. Heh.
Lastly, I was just taken off the waiting list for one class I REALLY need to take to graduate. But I already registered and paid for another class in its place. Now I am trying to decide whether to give school one last big hurrah before baby and register for this one as well and make it 5 classes next semester...I know all my instructors are understanding of my situation...I just need to decide quickly.
If I didn't already explain what happened, I was all registered for the 4 classes I needed. And then poof, I get an email saying "SURPRISE!! You've been purged from ALL your classes!! YAY!" So basically...my school booted me from my classes because one of my scholarships had been retracted...but they never TELL you that you haven't finished paying tuition. And they won't register you for what you DO have money provided for while dropping the remaining class your money hasn't covered. They just purge you happily while a bunch of other people take your place in your classes. Which makes NO sense to me because wouldn't a school take your money regardless? So WHY would they deny your money by turning down ALL your classes because your money falls short of your FINAL class? It's just...moronic. But...to make a long story short, after some pleading and finagling, I got back into 3 of the 4 classes and got wait-listed for the 4th. I registered for another class just in case the 4th class never came through. And now it has...so......I think I'm going to bite the bullet and take it. Because I should. And as my mom pointed out, I have more energy now than I did earlier in pregnancy. So. There you have it.
Photo: Unknown found via 1000AwesomeThings

Comments

Popular Posts