C is for...

This weekend was cookie weekend. We both set out to make some of our favorite cookies and both found our cookie-making adventures cut short when we noticed the ONLY ingredient we lacked was enough brown sugar. We had remembered everything else. So...we made 3 different kinds and called it a day: Heath Bar Cookies (exactly what they sound like), Jan Hagel (a nutty, cinnamony bar type Norwegian cookie that is absolutely addictive), and Ginger Snaps (nothing goes with a glass of milk better). We hope to still make Rum Balls (I'm only allowed to eat one a day...because they are very dangerous...and no...the rum is NOT cooked out of them...I know this from experience), Chocolate Chip (John's favorite), MAYBE Angel Cookies (a favorite of my family's), and possibly some ol' fashioned Cookie Cutter Cookies (I have sprinkles and cookie decor and never-been-used cookie cutters that are begging to be utilized). Maybe some Sprits. We shall see. All in all, it was a FUN day. We stayed in our jammies most of it, messied up the kitchen together listening to Christmas music and taking turns dominating the oven with our trays of goodness, and then made a quick clean up. I'm realizing these days that we have such a good time together, we in turn forget to take pictures. I'll have to remedy that because I know these are moments we need to treasure for future Christmases apart. Still...it's hard to remember when you're having such a wonderful time.
I am officially done with ALL work and ALL classes. I'm thrilled...relieved...still completely unaware of my grades but thankful nonetheless.
Note: Most of the cookies are almost gone. And it's only Tuesday. We made them Saturday. Granted, we did give some away to friends and I brought a bunch to my last class yesterday. But still!! So I am going to try being good, eating better, and tracking my food on myfitnesspal again so I'm at least trying to be diligent and accountable. I realize I'm pregnant. I realize I'm supposed to be starving all the time. It's normal. I also realize getting bigger is inevitable. BUT...I want to do it as healthily and gracefully as possible. And I've been doing awesome so far. 18 weeks and only 6.5 pounds gained. So if I can keep that up, baby and I will be very happy cookies.
Photo: David & Goliath found via Abundance Basically

Comments

Popular Posts