Boop

Yesterday, I think I felt the baby. In the morning, I felt a little sensation like someone just poked me gently in the lower stomach. I wondered if it was the baby but didn't feel much after that so I went on my merry way. Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I felt it again. And then again. And then when I put my hand on the area where I felt it, I could feel it through my stomach! I ALMOST woke John up. In fact, I tried to. But I knew he wasn't going to get much sleep as it was and needed his rest so I let him be. Still, VERY exciting!
On another note, I outgrew another pairs of jeans. But several people have said to keep wearing them and use a hairtie to attach the button and button hole for a few months. So I'm going to go with that. They're only too small when I button them. But fully zipped, they feel fine.
So the big news of the weekend: we got ALL of the furniture for the baby's nursery in one go. I had been inquiring about cribs and furniture on craigslist because I really didn't want to buy new (SO expensive). After not hearing back from most of my inquiries, I got a response and Saturday John and I borrowed our friend's truck and drove down to check it out. The listing was for a crib and dresser as well as an in-plastic new baby mattress to go with the crib. It was a really nice couple who happened to be in the air force. We checked out the crib and while we were there they jokingly asked if we were asking for any other things because they had quite a bit of baby stuff for sale. To make a long story short, we walked away with the crib (fully convertible into a full bed), dresser, mattress, a kelty baby carrier backpack, a full set of cloth diapers (I want to try it out), AND a rocker and footrest. All for under $300. It was INSANE and such a huge blessing. They were the nicest people and we might end up buying a jogger stroller/bike trailer from them later on once they clean it up and decide on a price. The guestroom/nursery is now a little chaotic and halfway put together. The only issues we found with our purchases were a small rip in the rocker's footrest (big deal!) and two bolts were missing from the crib but I'm sure we can find them at Lowes. That pretty much takes care of ALL the furniture we'll need for baby. I'm SO excited, LOVE our purchases and feel like we really got some quality stuff. The crib is real wood (not particle board) as is the dresser and they're lovely. Once I have everything set up, expect pictures.
Okay, I'm done geeking out about baby stuff. I am off to study for my FINAL class's quiz of the semester. And then I will be HOME FREE, HOMEFRY!! Yey.
Photo: The Pillsbury Doughboy found via Geocaching

Comments

Popular Posts