Whathecrap

A few words to keep me going:

Farewell to a Wonderful mywedding.com Employee and Friend…

Rachel started with mywedding.com 3 years ago in our Research Department. Her energy, efficiency, attitude, humor, and love for her job and her co-workers made her an ideal fit.

Over the years at mywedding, she’s taken on roles in research, qc, analysis, and tech support – just to name a few. She even held her own with the Programmers while fine tuning our tech support department (which as you all know, it’s not easy to get in with the programmers). After today, Rachel is off for another adventure – finishing college – so while we’re sad that she’s moving on, we wish her all of the best in reaching her personal goals. Rachel’s many work contributions to our company have helped make it what it is today.

Thank you, Rachel, for 3 years of unconditional loyalty. We’re missing you already…..

-mywedding.com


Rachel, you are one amazing chica! I am so glad to have met you, worked with you and found a great friend in the process. I know we will talk often, but you have my best wishes on your new adventure. I know you will succeed in anything you set out to do!

Thanks for everything!

Marci

What a bright light and ray of sunshine you brought to this office, and the company overall. We wish you and John a fond farewell and look forward to seeing you both take over the world. Thank you for coming here, you will be missed. -Katy


Yeah, I admit it, I wanted to write about “Raquel” or “Rachel? Who’s that?!”, etc. But the reality is that in the few weeks that Rachel has helped pass the Tech Support torch on to me I have seen just how special she really is. She feels like a little sister to me in many ways (which I know kinda creeps her out but I’m helping offset her therapy bills so… ). If I’ve come to grow attached to Rachel in a few short weeks, I cannot possibly imagine how the rest of you must be feeling.

Yes, Rachel you will be missed. Immensely!

B-Money


Goodbye my dear! If you ever want to come back we'll subtly break random parts of the site for a few weeks to increase our need for tech support which will give you the opportunity to get rehired then stab Bradford and dump his body in Eagle Harbor. Just say the word.

Love,

cuba!


Ok, so the All Company email went out….But here’s what WE want to say!

Rachel you’ve been amazing since the day you started! All crazy and weird but you know in a good way! You know you’ve only just worked here for my own entertainment and darn you for abandoning your post! Whether it’s been letting me live vicariously through you while you planned and had your wedding (pay no attention to that embarrassing but fun side trip to the bridal shop at a totally inappropriate time, it meant nothing! Nothing!) or talking about twilight or answering dumb questions when my brain occasionally stalls out after a night of no sleep or some such. Basically mywedding.com will never be the same now that your leaving and you’ve left a hole in the fabric of the company that can’t be filled. Thanks for being you, for sharing your creativity whether it’s writing or tattoo designs or crafty robots, for being funny, adorable and of high spirits no matter what the circumstances! You’re aces! Good luck in school you’ll kick ass just as you’ve kicked ass here! (Kat)

**********************

Rachel is an amazing, loyal, crazy lady. I love her quotes, I love her style. I like that she confuses me with religion and then shows me her tattoos. I love it that she says ‘what the crap’ yet raises an eyebrow when I say ‘keerist.’ That’s what makes Rachel, Rachel. I love it that she still participates in our Halloween bake-off’s from 3,000 miles away and sends us photo entries. I love it that she has a husband in the military, yet speaks her mind about the war. I love the way she knows her job inside and out, yet still questions herself. I love that she’s a white Asian. I love her glasses; yes, I said it. I love those glasses. I love her legs. I love her crazy Christmas party outfits. I think she’s sexy. There. I said that too. I love that she made my life as a manager so easy. I appreciate her work ethic. I appreciate her determination in getting what she wants, never stepping on someone else to do it. I love her attitude for life and her willingness to bring happiness to others – even when she’s not feeling it. (something that Nicole and I have never been able to accomplish) I love that she worked with us and never against us. Something I pride our department in doing - even tho sometimes in the workplace it’s easy to get catty and turn on others – but more than work – she cared for me and was there for me during some trying times over the last 3 years, and yes, she even admitted to praying for me. She’s very rational; all while still crying and empathizing with you at the same time. She likes to hold people up and make them feel better than they sometimes should. I realize that I’m speaking in 1st person and 3rd person and probably no-person at times, but I want to get my thoughts down RAW. Screw punctuation and complete sentences. These are MY thoughts about Rachel and what she means to me. I’ll miss you, Rach. Thank you for everything. Oh fuck, now I’m tearing up. (ching-chong-wang---what did I say?) (Jenn)

**********************

Rachel,

You have instilled in me one very important thing since I have started here... an unhealthy obsession watching a man who looks suspiciously like Sherlock Holmes. I promise to keep an eye on him and let you know of his day to day antics. I made contact with this man a month ago. He smiled, grunted, and then farted and walked away. I’m not kidding. He’s not your average gumshoe. Anyway, I hope college goes well for you. Keep in touch! (Josh)

**********************

Rachel’s very first day here at mywedding.com was a memorable one. The power went out at the office and we were all send home early. Rach didn’t have a car yet, and coincidentally she lived in the neighborhood down from my house. So, I volunteered to take her home.

In that car ride home..I knew instantly I had found a friend for life. I have felt so fortunate to have gotten really close to Rachel over these 3 years!! I was lucky to have been a witness to Rach getting ready to go on her FIRST date with John (shopping at Macys), to celebrate birthday’s with her, to be a part of hers & John’s wedding, and to remain close through the physical distance.

I’m sad that Rach is leaving us, sad that she won’t be the first person to IM me every morning with an enthusiastic “Howdy!” (cause I can totally hear Rach’s voice through her IM words!)

But, I am so excited for her to venture into the next chapter of her life and cannot wait to cheer her on every step of the way!

An ending to the mywedding.com book ~ now on to book II, Rachel! Congratulations! (Gretchen)

**********************

Rachel. Or as I like to call her RAITCH. Which isn’t very clever, I know, but that’s how she appears in my cell phone.

Rachel aka Asian Stringray on yahoo messenger. Oh man.. .that Rachel Jackson, er WHEELER is something else I tell ya. Her voice. She’s so animated in everything she says and does. Her Lucky-dog impersonation/voice. Her amusing ‘guysssss’ voice while doing the troll stance. Her actual singing voice. Goodness my, if any of you have had the privilege of hearing Rachel sing.. she’ll blow your socks off! I remember a night at Damien’s .. karaoke, pizza and cocktails were the entertainment. I myself don’t ‘do’ karaoke but I accepted the invitation to watch the others sing. I was in the kitchen getting another cocktail when I heard an amazing female voice in the other room. I thought it was Catherine Zeta-Jones. Seriously. The voice stopped me dead in my cocktail-making tracks. I had NO idea it was Rachel singing and no idea she was that talented. Seriously. I’m not doing a very good job at describing her singing abilities but I know it’s one of the many things I will always remember about Rachel no matter where she is on the map.

Her passion in all things artsy fartsy, tattoos, cats, family, friends, China-Chinese, robot –the miniature ones and dancing the robot, her faith, and her hubby, John, just go to show the sort of character Rachel is. I am happy we got to spend the few short years together in and outside the office that we did. She was a tremendous life saver for me when I was going through some wiggity wack outside-work stuff and I’ll forever be grateful that she stood by me and never once judged me for a single part of what I was going through.

I could go on and on about how awesome you are Rachel. And I SHOULD because I don’t tell you enough that you are an amazing person. But then that would just take ME out of the spot light ;) ha! Kidding I am. Rachel, I love you girl. There are few people I have met out here that have invited me in to their family’s home during the holidays because I had nowhere else to go. (Gretchen, Jenn, you two are the others that have done the same, and I love and appreciate your sweetness just as much. J )

I got really lucky with being able to work with you Rachel. We have had some seriously good times and I’m so proud and envious of your decision to take on a new path without knowing what really lies ahead. You’re strong and have a great head on your shoulders. You’re going to be even more amazing and awesome than you already are.

(PS, AND, she has AMAAAAZING legs!! ;) )

Sending all my love from the other side of the U.S.

(PPS… John, we love you too! I can’t wait for the day you two are able to return to the PNW for a vacation … good times will be had by all!!!)

Good luck in everything you do!

Nicaroni

xoxox

(Nicole)

**********************

Raquel, Raquel, Raquel… what can I say? You’ve done a pretty decent job of training considering this is just a temporary job stop until that corn dog fryer position opens up at the WalMart. During the last few weeks, in those moments when I wasn’t mystified by your wandering eye, you amazed me with your skill at keeping a job you clearly know nothing about. And, to move through these offices on a daily basis surrounded by people who clearly hated you? Well, that’s just proof positive that a limited IQ has it’s advantages.

Anyway, this is getting kinda long and I know you’re not the best reader so… let me just finish by saying, “Thanks for the tips on working the pole! My cousin says she’s already making better tips!”

I’ll miss you, Raquel. (Bradford)

**********************

Well Ms Rachel,

What do I say to the person who has chosen to leave us to better herself and reach her own personal goals? I am so lucky to have gotten to work with you and get to know you. You bring such a contagious positive outlook to all that know you. I hope that you conquer all you goals and run over any obstacle that might get in your way. I KNOW that we will stay in touch and I expect to continue receiving parts of your book as you write them J Congratulations on your very exciting new adventure!

You will be missed at the big MW

Lots of love,

(Ashley)

**********************

“When I’m 64” cannot ever come on any radio without me thinking of your rendition of the tune, in my living room, we had some awesome times. Trips to the Puyallup, late nights in Kina’s apartment, and of course one of the best Christmases evar!

I’m so glad you came to work for mywedding.com, and even though you have betrayed us in the worst way possible, I’m glad your family lives here, because it forces you to come back. (Damien)

Photo: Jenn Page

Comments

Popular Posts