Unwanted House Guest

Awhile back, while John was away, I wrote about a loud house guest that came to stay for a spell: a cricket. You can read about it here and here.
Well we have another cricket. And it appears he is hiding behind our house's siding, much like the last one. Only this time he's behind a power socket to the right of my head as opposed to across the room. And he is LOUD. So loud that I had a long involved dream the other night and something was just not right. I just had this overall feeling of unease because someone in my dream was supposed to be doing something and they weren't. And they nicknamed themselves 'Cricket.' And then I woke up and realized why. Because the cricket was BLARING next to my face. So bad in fact that John woke up out of a sound sleep too and went outside with light in hand to hunt it down. Unfortunately he never found it and it continued into the night despite repeated knocking on the walls. Finally, I got the crazy idea of turning on a portable fan right next to the socket. And it worked. The vibration and blare of the fan (on the lowest settings, it's RIDICULOUSLY high and loud...it makes me feel like I'm on one of those hydroplanes) seemed to scare it and hopefully it abandoned its happy home and left us. Last night I slept peacefully and dreamt we lived in a houseboat and there was a giant hurricane next to the house...but...it was more like a giant whirlpool. Like we were in a draining sink. And I was John's hostage and he kept me in his basement. And I asked if I could go home and get my toothbrush. Yeah. Random.
Photo: Unknown found via CS4FN

Comments

Monique said…
I have heard that when you hear a cricket chirping it means one of three things:

1.)It's going to rain
2.)Good luck is coming your way
OR
3.)A financial windfall is coming your way

Popular Posts