Retreat!

It's one of those days.
Where OH NO you can't just add an item. First you have to add a category from a magical window that no one would EVER think to look and once the category is made, you have to make an item within. In that order. And on no that doesn't complete the process. Mess up the order and you will never see your item again. And make just a category and it will never appear anywhere...ever. So once you've made said category and item, then you have to go to the friendly 'Add Item' button that you WOULD have (and surely did) tried in the first place to add your original item. But no. It has to take twelve steps. Not one. Who said anything could be simple? Let's go for complicated. Yes. Complicated. Nice. Sarcasm? Ho ho ho...no way!
Sigh...I am beginning to fear it will be one of those days until the end...the LAST day...of this job. I surely hope not. It's getting to the point where you're far beyond doing nice/fun things after work to "make up" for the horrible day you've had. Because if I did that, I'm pretty sure we'd all be broke right about now. I'm hoping the change of scenery in WA and NV will assist in improving this. But...so far...I am discouraged. But the end is in site. And deep down I know a taste of WA and a taste of NV will help. Even if drama is still ensuing. Oh high school...and junior high...when will you leave me alone?
I had a good holiday. I spent yesterday at the beach with John which was much-needed even if we both got a little burned. It was one of those days that lasted a LONG time and you hoped it would stay that way...long...lasting...never-ending. And it almost did.
A few things that leave a flicker of brightness in my spirit:
1. I'm leaving for Washington in five days. FIVE. 5. Which means I get to fly in an airplane or three. I love flying. No really. I really love to fly.
2. I'm registering for classes. TOMORROW.
3. Twenty four days. Until I am FINISHED. And I can begin this next stage of my life which is just dying to get a move on.
4. I am renting my first car. I am undecided whether this sensation in my tummy is nerves to rent my first car or excitement. But just for positivity's sake, I will call it excitement.
5. And sixteen days until I leave for Vegas. For a much needed week and then some.
And I am breaking up my sentences on purpose. It's for emphasis. I really can write. A complete. Sentence. Really.
For the first time in my life I actually long for writing assignments and homework and time in a classroom. What's wrong with me?? Oh yeah...I need a change in my life. And it's sooooo close to happening.
Retreat!
Photo: Unknown found via Mantis Rodz

Comments

Popular Posts