Beginning of the End

This is it. My last week. I had a dream about returning to the mywedding.com office after years of absence last night. It was very strange and sad. And I woke up not feeling like working at all. But I'm getting there. My mom also worked there in my dream which was strange and kind of humorous.
The idea of school still kinda scares me. I haven't studied for anything in...I don't even want to think about how many years it has been. But I'm just going to have to take it a day at a time.
My plan of distraction? My last day I might go to a concert after work. Or I might just drown my sorrows with excessive dancing and gambling. Minus the gambling. We shall see.
Yesterday was good. I finished work and met my friend Jen down at the pool, hung out there for a little while and then we decided it was time to go on the roller coaster. Yes. There is a roller coaster in the hotel. It starts inside and then does a bunch of loops outside on the roof. It was a lot of fun...much faster and more fun than I expected. After screaming my little heart out (I got to full scream volume and then went a few steps beyond on the first drop...my thought process every time I go on a roller coaster is:
"OMG WHYDIDIVOLUNTEERFORTHIS I'M GOING TO DIEEEEE!!!
And then I remember...Oh wait, this is fun!"), I headed back to my room to shower and wait for John who had texted us while we were still by the pool saying he was coming back to the hotel. I got to the room and noticed all his stuff was there. But no John. Hrrmmmmm. Then I realized...he meant he was coming to the POOL! Knowing my luck he was coming up in the elevator just as I was going down but I didn't care. I got to the pool as quickly as I could just in time to catch him as he was calling the room. He said he felt kinda dumb cuz he had circled the pool twice looking for me. But I wasn't there. We enjoyed the pool together for awhile and even went in the hot tub. Never thought I'd be in a hot tub in NEVADA.
For dinner, we freshened up and John took me to this AMAZING Japanese place called Shibuya which was both incredibly beautiful and incredibly delicious. It was one of those meals where we both kept muttering "Yuuuuuuuum" and were surely creeping out our neighbor tables with our food enthusiasm.
Now I am in my hotel room, unshowered, working, drooling on myself, the usual. Not counting today, I have three more days as a mywedding.com employee. Three more days as the Master of Tech Support. And then I will transfer all my powers, good and evil, to my successor. And he will be great. And everyone will COWER before his greatness. And they will proclaim "Rachel trained him with such skill and GREATNESS!" And then they'll forget all about me and I'll go to school. The end. Minus the forgetting about me part...since that's like...IMPOSSIBLE!! SINCE I AM AWESOME!!!!!!! The end. For real.
Photo: Unknown found via Beyond Search

Comments

Popular Posts