Yoga Meister


Apparently...I'm good at yoga. It's always strange and nice when you try something and find you are already good at it. I finally decided to take my first yoga class. What made me make this decision, you might ask? I was bored. OUT OF MY MIND. And I love that I'll turn to the gym in my boredom madness. Shows that my habits really have changed and I really DO enjoy fitness. Since my whole hip/back issue, I haven't been able to do the normal working out I like; the high impact classes, running, rolling over in bed in the middle of the night, you know...the good things in life. So I've been trying to do more of the classes I didn't have time for before: Piyo and yoga. I love Piyo (mix of pilates and yoga) but Yoga was just something I never thought of trying. I think some of the spiritual stigma and stuff I had heard about some yoga (not all) classes turned me off from wanting to check it out. But I finally decided to do it last week. The class was relaxing and challenging. I liked that there were options in whether you wanted to challenge yourself in different areas as far as flexibility and strength. I had worried before the class that I wouldn't be able to keep from thinking constantly. But I found myself naturally relaxing in the class and concentrating on what I was trying to do with my body instead. At the end of the class, I thanked the teacher and introduced myself. I told her this was my first yoga class. She said, "But obviously you've had previous yoga experience." I corrected her and said that, no, this was actually my first yoga class ever. She looked shocked and said, "Well you didn't excellent. I'm surprised. I would have never guessed this was your first time!" Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY flattered and encouraged to go again. Yoga and Piyo have also been great for strengthening my back (something that'll help with my healing process) which I want to continue. I also love pushing myself further in terms of flexibility and balance and core strength. And those are ALL words I never thought I'd see in my blog if you asked me a year ago...unless I was talking about John. Who happened to take a Piyo class with me on Saturday, who did really well, and who enjoyed it. Yay for fun at the gym. And now I need to go shower.
Side note: Baby Robots are IN the Etsy shop and they've been reduced to $10 plus shipping (unless you live locally, I can just hand them off to you)! Get to it here!
Photo: Unknown found via Health Yoga

Comments

Popular Posts