Food

Yes. This post is entirely about food. Food has long been my love enemy (an enemy I love) but I'm conquering it. Through this whole weight-loss adventure, I've found new things that are better for me to eat than what I was eating before. Now...I'll stop right there and take this minute to say I am not a health freak and I never will be a health freak and I don't pretend to truly know anything substantial about nutrition. Yes, I do believe in eating healthy and eating nutritiously but I also cannot afford to eat everything gluten-free, vegan, free-range, etc. I also don't think it's entirely realistic or necessary to cut out EVERYTHING enjoyable in order to lose weight. I have cut out very little and have lost weight. The only thing I think I've really changed is the quality of what I'm eating and the quantity. I have found that now when I'm grocery shopping, I might grab something that I USED to eat before this whole journey began...and when I get home and start eating it, I just find myself thinking "And I used to enjoy this? SICK!!!!" I'm much more aware of quality, fat content, and calories but in a good way. It is a good feeling when you KNOW the things you are eating are good for you. But that does not mean I never eat dessert. So...I really think it's everything in moderation.
There are some things I've discovered or found I appreciate more since losing weight that I couldn't do without now because they're just too awesome. Like Greek yogurt. OMG...CRACK. I don't know what it is, my upbringing coming out or what, but Greek yogurt is heaven to me. There will be Greek yogurt in heaven and it will be served in giant vats. My mom introduced me to it over Christmas and I opened it thinking "Okay, it's yogurt. I like yogurt." Oh but it was SO much more.
Another is oatmeal. Just plain ol' fashioned oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins (don't throw up too much, John) and I keep forgetting to put molasses on it. I don't know WHY it's so good but it is. The other night it was dinner time and all I wanted was oatmeal. I was at a friend's house and she made pulled pork which was DELICIOUS. But...I still thought about oatmeal.
Also just fruit in general. I eat SO much more fruit than I used to and love it.
And speaking of weight, Wednesday marked 20 pounds lost for me!!!!! I'm SO excited and relieved after going through this plateau for so long. The fitness classes are making all the difference in the world.
Photo: Unknown found via Cookstr

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey, just wanna say i like reading your blog! keep up the good work
woohoo!(on the 20lbs)
I love oatmeal too :)
And greek yogurt? I've heard its wonderful and STILL have not bought it. I will.

Popular Posts