Plateau

I've read about weight-loss plateaus but never really thought realistically about when and if I would encounter one. Since it's not something I've ever experienced, I just assumed it wouldn't happen to me and I was invincible (sucka!!) but alas that is not the case. I have been battling with a weight-loss plateau for the past 2 months or so. It's been REALLY annoying. And frustrating. And defeating. I think I got to thinking that weight-loss is logical...which it is not. If you eat the right amount and workout more, you should lose the weight, right? Wrong. It doesn't always work out that way...no pun intended. So much goes into changing yourself and sometimes your body gets to this point where it's like "Yeah, I'm good. You can go without me." In other words, workout as much as you want but there's going to be no easy change like there was before. Long story short, I decided to try the classes that I already blogged about. Thankfully, I think I've found my plateau remedy. Today, I broke through my plateau and lost half a pound. I am SO excited...even though it's JUST half a pound. I just am so relieved to see SOME progress after such a seemingly long time of NOTHING. NO response what-so-ever. So...here's hoping I'll be able to continue through this journey with the classes as my aid.
It's been a rainy sort of day...in odd spurts. But it has finally calmed down and is ending with a pastel colored sky evening. The past few days I have felt SO content in my little house. It's been a hot-cocoa-and-movie sort of weekend.
I may have gotten hooked up to do some more maternity shoots and capture a deployment homecoming. I'm so excited to do some photography again and get more experience and just take advantage of the nicer weather as it emerges. And I wouldn't turn down a homecoming if I could at all help it. Such amazing experiences to capture. :)
Photo: Unknown found via Our Surprising World

Comments

Popular Posts