The Magical Mystery Cat a.k.a. SUPERBEANIE!!

I never truly believed it before...but now I know it's true: black cats are magic. Either that or from a long line of ninja cats. I would know. I have one.
I came to a horrible realization last night while doing my homework; Beanie was nowhere to be seen. I had watched an entire episode of Mad Men, eaten dinner, and begun my homework, not to mention all the dillydallying I tend to do. I couldn't remember seeing Bean during any of this while George had been in plain sight. I searched. I searched every room, every crevice, every tiny space she could squeeze into, including the freezer, washer, and dishwasher. I would not put those places past her as she has tried to happily climb into the freezer on numerous occasions. I searched the house probably three times, the garage, called outside, called outside again with food dish jingling in hand. She hadn't showed up when I fed them...which NEVER happens. She is little miss manager when it comes to food. I was on the brink of tears and getting more and more panicked. She doesn't wear a collar and has never been outside. I couldn't think of HOW she could get out as I am careful every time I open the door...yet...there was no response from her within the house when I called and she was nowhere to be found. I was sure she was either 1. outside or 2. dead. Finally, I asked George to show me where she was. He had been following me around the house, meowing sadly for the past several minutes of my search. As I was just about to poke my head outside again to call for her, I noticed George standing next to the livingroom closet door. I had been racking my brain for all of the cupboards and doors I had opened that day and I realized I had gotten a bottle of wine out of this closet around dinner time; right around the time I remembered seeing her last. I opened the door and sure enough, there was little Beanie chilling like nothing happened. I should have guessed as her favorite thing in the world other than her froggy toy is closets. Usually it's my clothes closet but any closet will do. And as I rarely open this one, I didn't even cross my mind. I guess she thought we were playing hide and go seek. I squeezed her and scolded her for giving me a near panic-attack. After posting about it on facebook, a friend said she must have attended ninja school which I fully agree with. This cat is slicker than any I've ever seen. And not always in the smartest way. John and I used to say she was suicidal because she was always so determined to get into dangerous things like, uh, suffocating herself in plastic bags, wrapping herself in live electrical cord or chewing on it, always being underfoot and nearly getting trampled, strangling herself with shoelaces, etc. I feel like I have two toddlers. As a baby, it took five full grown adults to catch her when she got loose at the Humane Society. I'll never forget watching her slip by all of the Humane Society workers AND myself in a long corridor. Clueless genius, that's what she is. And she's so very special to me. I'm so glad you didn't go away, Beanie. Whatever would I do without you? George and Bean will be TWO in a few weeks! Little stinker. Until I have actual children, these two are my babies.
Photos: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts