Nupastels

I swear...whenever I have a paper due the next morning and it's approaching 10pm, I always have the urge to blog. Never when I actually have time...oh no. That would be too easy. No, it has to be when OTHER writing is a pressing matter. Sigh...
I have found the answer to curing a "case of the Mondays." TURBOKICK! Yes. Turbokick. It is probably one of the harder classes I'm taking at the gym and it seriously kicks my ass...and somehow it makes me look forward to Mondays. Not sure how that works but it does...somehow. I'm hoping it gives me the edge I need to shed the rest of this weight. I WILL get there.
I had the week from hell last week. I couldn't even narrow it down to one thing. It was just a big ball o' suck. And it has kinda run into this week. To make a long story short...it's hard to concentrate on school when you feel like you're running behind to begin with...and on top of it, your dad has gone to the ICU twice, the ER twice, and had one 911 call in the past week. He's supposed to get surgery in the next few days. I just pray that he does and they actually make the effort to fix whatever is wrong...because sending him home again for the third time is NOT okay after he was vomiting blood. So yeah...rough week.
My weekend was good but BUSY. Birthday parties coming out of my ears but in a good way. I took pictures at my favorite little boy's birthday party and had my picture taken at several friends' birthday outing. (Look! Look! I'm getting GUNS!) So...it was a good weekend...I just never really got a chance to rest.
We started working in color in Figure Drawing today. I had trouble with dimensions and overall proportions but color-wise and overall, I like how my piece turned out. I was kinda nervous heading into it as I've never used Nupastels before and it definitely went better than I expected. Next time I can hopefully actually get the proportions right because I won't be as nervous! It was SO nice to do something different though. The charcoal and pencil drawing was really starting to grate away on me. It's SO hard for me to spend over two hours on a drawing (NO JOKE) when I'm not being challenged very much and doing color definitely challenges me.
Well...I should probably finish my paper now. SHAME on me for not working on it...while I ran around all weekend. Oh well.
Photos: Meself, Jen Cabbage

Comments

Popular Posts