David WHO?

I started another painting the other night. For some time, I've been thinking of working more from pictures or sketching out my work before I begin, something I have never done other than when I started the Prowler painting. I had an idea to work from someone with an interesting face (oh come on, you had to already know I'd do a person...I cannot resist painting/drawing people) and I found a few photos of famous people in their youth that were pretty fun and not well known by the common public. But I wasn't entirely sold. Not yet at least. I'll probably paint them eventually...just not yet. Then I decided...MAN. I need to paint a man. I never paint men. In fact, I've never painted a man. I rarely even draw men. So then it was settled. I just had to find a photo of the right man with an interesting face. And then I knew exactly who I'd choose. I'll keep it a slight secret for now of who it is because...well...I didn't choose an unknown photo of him so he may be recognizable to some people. And he's definitely still a work in progress...he is very rough and I have to shift his entire eye section down because his face is too long as it is right now. But...I like how it started. So...everyone...meet David. David meet everyone. I made an album on my facebook of some of my artwork, both old and new (to see it, click here). When writing a description below this painting's photo, I wrote, "The big question is David WHO?" And then I realized I had totally shot myself in the foot without even realizing it. So just to be fair, I added, "Wow...that was a hint right there and I didn't even mean for it to be." So there you have it. The tiny photo in the corner may give it away. I am almost certain one of my friends will know who mysterious David really is. Hopefully she will be pleased. :)
Photo: Meself

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG Wench!!!!! You did this on purpose didn't you. Let me know the cost cause more than likely i will figure out a way to buy this off you. damn you *grumbles grumbles* only one other person you could have done to mess me me. *mutter mutter* giggles.
kat
Mwahahaha and I think I know who the other person is too! Winkwink...haha well I do have to admit I did think of you when I thought of painting him...but it was not with malicious intent!! Promise!!

Popular Posts