Mona Whata now?

My hope for the South died today when the majority of my class agreed that a urinal was more creative and artistic than the Mona Lisa........I think I need to move ASAP. Someone also said that since America has freedom of speech, it applies to the whole world so no one in another country should be allowed to get in trouble for saying something bad.................................................WTCrap??? I should have asked "And have you been out of the country before??"
I'm making chicken pot pie from scratch, trying to regain my hope in society and people. But it's hard to come by.
John and John Jr. (my John) are outside planting some bushes they bought for the edge of the property. It's going to look nice. And it's nice for them to have their "man" time.
What have I done today? Absolutely nothing outside of class and baking. And it felt pretty good. I really need to drop off some dresses at the dry-cleaners. Which brings me to my next question...am I still invited to the squadron Marine Corps Ball? With John leaving earlier than expected, he will most likely be gone...and he is deploying separate from the squadron. So...am I still considered part of it i.e. involved with the spouse club, etc? I'm very confused and have a feeling I won't get a straight answer to those questions until...never. Cool.
This post is obviously about very little. But that's the beauty of having a blog. I can blog about crap if I want to.
Speaking of crap, I haven't blogged any of my dreams in awhile so here you go:
I dreamed my family was invited over to this really, really rich guy's house. During dinner, he tried to force my dad to guess how old the calf was when it was killed to become his steak. He was also eating blood sausage type food along with the steak and was trying to get us to guess the proper name of it. After dinner, he just left us at the table. He was so rich that he thought he could do whatever he wanted. In a few minutes I heard music from the other room so I peeked in and saw there was a choir singing. I leaned over to my mom and said "This guy is so rich he LITERALLY has a CHOIR to sing to him for entertainment." After that I went to the kitchen to wash my hands. I turned on the faucet and the water came out black and I realized it was...coffee! I washed my hands in it anyway and then a black guy walked past me dressed in colonial clothing. I greeted him and he introduced himself as the rich guy's brother. The rich guy was white and pompous. The "brother" was extremely friendly and down to earth. I then asked why he was dressed that way and he said "Isn't it obvious? I'm dressed as Martin Luther King Jr!" I didn't have the heart to tell him MLK Jr. didn't live in colonial times and then I woke up. Isn't my brain friggin awesome??
Photo: Fukuda found via Interesting Illusions

Comments

Popular Posts