Clean Hairz

I gots my hairs did. Translation: I had my hair done at the salon by my amazing stylist Shara (shout out to Hot Locks Salon!). For the first time ever, there is blonde in my hair. I am still adjusting to it (meaning every time I pass a mirror or any kind of reflective surface, I jolt, stop and/or say "WOAH!" loudly) but I like it a lot. Most of my hair is dark brown and then I have some large and small blonde streaks. She went as blonde as she could for the time being but since we were dying it from a very dark color to begin with, there is a "golden/yellow" sheen to it. Next time we'll go lighter. Again...I've never done blonde and kept it. So this is altogether foreign to me. I've done a manner of other colors in my day; blue, green, pink, a plethora of reds and browns and black. The only time I've had blonde hair before was for a total of 15 minutes. My hair was about an inch long and I bleached it with this powder bleach stuff. It turned out HORRIBLY so a few minutes later, I quickly dyed it dark red and that fixed everything.
I'm thinking the next time I get it done, I might add some pink or something fun. We shall see. Either way, I'm really loving the change. I needed to do something drastic.
Today, I spent most of the day cleaning and feel EXTREMELY productive about it. I cleaned from 11am until around 2:30pm. I tackled the guest bathroom, the kitchen floor and our bathroom which was definitely the longest project of the day. I thoroughly went through my toiletries and beauty products/tools which are beginning to resemble the supplies a small (or large) salon would be envious of. And the sad part is I'm not kidding around. I SHOULD have taken a "before and after" picture of the sink top, covered in all my CRAP. It was embarrassing to look at. And the worst part is I really don't use most of it. I am not a high maintenance person. I wear very little makeup most of the time and keep my hair pretty simple. But I'm always on this QUEST: The Search for the Perfect Hair Product or Skin Brand. THANKFULLY...99% of everything I own was bought at places like TJMaxx where I pay NOWHERE NEAR the original price. I know. This still doesn't make it okay or cool in any way. I am officially uncool in this department. I admit it openly. So I have sworn to RID myself of stuff I don't use/need/have room for and not buy anything else until I've used the stuff I DO use/need. I made SO much progress today, throwing out a lot of stuff and throwing even more into a donation bag. Sigh...sometimes days like these make me wonder if I was destined to be a makeup artist or something. So I could use my powers for good, not evil.
Next project on my list is the bonus room/studio. It is mid-way through a complete reorganize and purge process. And thankfully I DID take a before picture and it's HORRENDOUS. Can't wait to share it along with the after photo once everything is done.
Know what else I can't wait for? Mom to come! YAY!!!
Math homework: done. English: in progress.
Photo: Me-self

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the new hair-do!!! You look awesome!
Hope you enjoyed your visit...
Sure have missed reading your updates though...;-)

Popular Posts