Post-Mom

How now brown cow...it's been awhile hasn't it? Well...my mommy came and went. We had an awesome, awesome time together and I'm left with a little bit of a sad feeling. But...it was great. Can't wait to hangout with her (AND COUSINS)(AND BROTHER)(AND FRIENDS) around Christmas time. WEEE!!
What can I say about my mom's visit? Well...it went by wayyyyy too fast. We were creative (as we often are), ate good food (which is sometimes our downfall), laughed a LOT and had some really good talks. I was a bad influence and introduced her to her first cigar and karaoke night...although neither are really bad influences in moderation (although if I hear "I'm Proud to Be an American" sung out of tune ONE...MORE...TIME...I just might flip out). I found myself once again feeling like the mother, not the daughter, when I waited until she was out of sight at the airport. Growing up is so weird and confusing sometimes. But good. We parted ways with new inspiration for art and for life in general. I know I'm going to need the inspiration. And I know she's been needing it too.
As a result, I of course slacked on my blog. Hey...you can only do so much at a time. But I'm ba-ack...even though school work is looming. And I have to go in to do some ceramics wheel work at 8am in the friggin morning on Thursday. That's STARTING at 8, not waking up at 8. Uggg...speaking of, I'm exhausted from wrestling with the wheel today. So...goodnight.
Side note: I have currently lost 7 pounds. Yes. That is correct. I am awesome.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts