WAR

I'm fighting a friend. And that sentence should be an oxymoron.
But it's true. I've done my best to be courteous, understanding, apologetic, yet firm. And so far all I've been handed in return were poisoned apples and daggers in the back. I've been accused of being condescending, judgmental, unavailable, having a skewed perception and...what was the last one...oh yeah..."throwing stuff in their face." And here I set out to save the friendship. Who knew.
It reminds me of having these same conversations years ago with old friends. Friends I'm fine with now...that I get along with...that I care about...that are there for me and I am there for them. I hope this turns into one of those situations. Somehow. But I don't regret saying what I know is true and pursuing improvement and change. I just hate being lead to believe I'm a horrible person and an equally horrible friend. Thankfully I know better. Even if it still hurts to hear that.

Comments

Popular Posts