I wish I had a river I could skate away on...

I first heard this line of lyrics as a sentence in 'You've Got Mail,' one of my all-time favorite movies. The first sung version I ever heard was by Sarah McLaughlin and I think it's still my favorite version to this day.
I am starting to feel in the mood for the holidays. I'm smelling more pine, the mornings are nippier, and my Christmas shopping is done...and has been for several weeks (except for ONE person...one very special person...). I'm enjoying more tea and other hot beverages than the rest of the year. And of course Egg Nog. I'm reminiscing silently with tiny smiles about old Christmas' and how I know this year will be the most unique and meaningful Christmas of all...spending it with my fiance and my family. I may not be able to do that again for awhile so I'm going to drink it in as much as I am able. I am finding myself frustrated because I can't partake in all the Christmasy events I would like...Nutcracker...White Christmas Broadway Production...A Christmas Carol...the list just goes on and on. And when it comes down to it...you could be spending $200 for 3 events. I'm not going to say another word about money...but I am very glad I get to at least enjoy one of those three events.
This weekend I'm going to watch 'You've Got Mail' and get my wedding decorations ready.

Comments

Popular Posts