Little Voice Indeed

For my birthday, John's parents sent me the CD 'Little Voice' by Sara Bareilles. I have to admit her songs on the radio were beginning to grow old (doesn't everything that's over-played beyond limit?) but at the same time I just had a funny feeling her CD was going to be good and I wasn't let down. She's got a lot of depth in this CD of her's and her voice is anything but little. The song 'Between the Lines' could almost bring me to tears. Listen to it. It's worth it. I appreciate her ability to paint complete heart-ache at it's worst and then turn around and sing about lighter happier topics without sounding out of place. I especially like her semi-humorous song 'Fairytale.'
I dug out my Christmas decorations last night and brought them to work. Gretchen was sick today so we didn't get started on decorating...and as it turns out I don't have nearly as much as I thought. But I am very excited to get started early on Christmasiness. I miss the holiday spirit and all the carols and Christmas music that I seem to miss out on since I no longer work at a Christmas store and hear it blaring over the speaker system for 8 hours straight. And I gotta say I'm impressed that I didn't buy more working at that store than I did. I seriously thought I had a lot more.

Comments

Popular Posts