On the contrary

Sometimes it amazes me how much time I spend with this machine.
+more than with my husband
+when I worked, more than I slept
+more than I actually talk to my friends
Those are all scary realizations. The scariest of all is the fact that the first one was a given and wasn't shocking to me at all (note: meaning I spend a lot of time apart from my husband...this does not in any way reflect the status of our closeness...I've never been closer to someone in my life...and I've never missed someone more in my life). I think a lot of people can relate to this waste of time. Thankfully, I definitely spend less time on it than I used to. School preoccupies most of my time and luckily very little of it is on the computer. But where has this contraption brought us? Don't get me wrong. I do love my computer and computers in general. I enjoy them, enjoyed games back when I had time for them, enjoy the internet thoroughly too much, and it allows me to communicate with people I love at lightning speed. But time is a very precious cost for things so trivial. Communicating with people I love isn't trivial...but what happened to old fashioned letter writing? Yeah...I'm not sure either.
Sometimes it amazes me how little I blog anymore. I look at the number of posts from previous years and am just SHOCKED at how lacking this year has been. Has nothing happened? On the contrary. Have I had nothing to say about it? On the contrary. Have I had no time? Bingo. And yet...you wonder how much of that time was wasted on the subject above. Hmmm...oh the irony.
So...here is to blogging more...I hope. Yet...somehow spending less time wasted on the computer. If that's possible. Because writing while on the computer is anything but time wasted. Here here.
P.S. It absolutely fascinates me how I find some of the pictures I put on this blog and how my brain + google comes up with them. And I'm the one writing the posts.
Photo: Unknown found via Mama Lisa's World

Comments

Popular Posts