Cut & Paste

It's not an epic day. Or I should say I don't FEEL too epic today. It seems to be a weekend ritual; I'm usually fine during the week. The weekend hits and I suddenly feel sick and pregnant. Who knew.
I'm finishing a school project. It feels like I've been laboring on it for several months and it just never seems to end. It consists of cutting up tiny pieces of black, several different shades of gray, and white paper and getting glue all over my fingers pasting it on a friggin piece of bristol board that contains a grid. We're essentially blowing up a picture of ourselves in mosaic-ish form. In a 9 point gray scale. And it SUCKS. Actually, the almost-finished product is looking pretty snazzy. And it actually looks like me which I was seriously doubting would occur earlier in the process. But we're almost there. I'm just procrastinating and wondering what other forms of artistic torture are in store for me next. (I'm partially kidding...I'm learning a LOT in all of my classes...even if some of the assignments annoy me. But I'm getting something out of them regardless of their annoyance level.)
I decided to post an older picture of it. Because I'm too lazy to actually get up, finish it, and take a picture of the finished product. But I just might. Later. Now I smell grilling salmon. So I shall go follow my nose to the kitchen to my wonderful husband who is finally home. And then I'll tackle the paste some more and the world of peely fingers.

Comments

Popular Posts