Late Letters

I really love stamps and mailing and writing letters. In the same breath, I have to admit I'm not very GOOD at mailing letters. I always aspired to be like my mom was when I was growing up. She had a book of addresses and dates to remind herself of people's birthdays, anniversaries, etc. And she reminded herself a good month ahead of time to get the cards/letters from China to the US on time. I have one of those books of addresses and dates. Do I use it? Occasionally. But I'm truly horrible at sending birthday cards on time...or at all. The whole thing is kind of ironic. So what are the letters above, you might ask? Late birthday cards and potentially late Father's Day cards. Oops! I was EPIC at writing and mailing letters during John's first deployment. Those magical (did I just call a deployment magical?) days are over. Shamefully, I did not write John too many letters during his second. BUT I sent a whole lot more packages and baked goods so that should cancel it out.
Today is my last day of choir "camp." I have to admit it has been fun and challenging and not at all as annoying and stressful as I was expecting. It makes me actually look forward to next semester beginning (what a thought!). Then, right when I am released from choir practice, John is whisking me away to Myrtle Beach for the night where he is giving a presentation at some military-related get-together. I get to go along, look pretty, and eat free food. And hopefully walk on the beach at some point. Then it's back to NC bright and early tomorrow morning. There is SO much to do before it's time to leave for Mexico. We started a list of things we need to remember and I busted out the suitcase last night and started my first attempt at packing. Let me just say I am already overwhelmed a bit. But I know it's going to be a great trip even if I forget to bring underwear. Or toothpaste. So ready for a vacation.
In other news, I drew. I kicked my butt yesterday and finally drew something. It's been way, way too long and I'm ashamed to admit it. But it was good to do something again and I think it's going well. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze it in and finish it before Mexico...but we shall see.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts