Botox


I've never posted a blog post from my phone...and considering my phone's talent for wacky predictive texting, this could be interesting.
My lips have turned into the 7th level of hell. Imagine having severely chapped, cracked, oozing, burning, and itching lips for a full two days with nothing to soothe them. Yeah...not cool. A friend joked that I just got Botox and was embarrassed to admit it. If only that were the case.

I went to the doctor today. I hate waiting in doctor's exam rooms. The ceiling always looks like the photo above. And I am not going to show you my lips in all their horrific glory. Because I like to KEEP my readers, whoever you are, and not gross you out to the point of banning my blog and/or friendship. I originally thought this lip thing was an allergic reaction. But I hadn't had anything new medication, topical, or food wise. I also took Benadryl and I didn't see any noticeable difference. My nurse friend thought it might be a weird case of cold sores and recommended some medicine which I tried for a day. But again, no noticeable change.

So I see the doctor (after waiting in the exam room for an hour) and she says the culprit is....mangoes. Mangoes? Yes, the fruit. Mangoes. Now that you mention it, I did have a mango over the weekend. But really? Mangoes? ME allergic to mangoes? That's just crazy talk. I LIVED with a mango farmer for 8 years for crying out loud!*

*Okay, they weren't mango farmers. They were fruit sellers. But their "fruit" consisted mainly of the best mangoes you will ever have. And as a result we got lots of free mangoes. So I ate a LOT of mangoes. And that gives no bearing in this story? Apparently no. Apparently mangoes are somewhat like poison ivy (who knew...was this lady bitten by a mango as a child?) and some people don't react at all while others have a reaction later in life or stop reacting later in life. She said it also depends on the AMOUNT of mango. And considering I eat ENTIRE mangoes at a time, this would definitely be my FAIL scenario.

So...apparently I am allergic to mangoes. Not for the past 25 years of my life. Oh no. Just this past weekend. TADA!! But on the positive side...maybe this is God's way of saving me from having a very horrific Mexican vacation after eating a bunch of mangoes. So there is that. If that's the case, I am grateful. And on another positive note, since it hurts to eat, smile, or talk, I've had very little appetite and have lost 2.5 pounds since the weekend....hmm...maybe that's not a positive.

Now...to get my face back in two days so I can go to the Dining Out ball that we are supposed to go to. Sigh...prayers please.

P.S. I now believe that anyone who would volunteer for this kind of torture for the sake of larger lips must be mentally impaired. Because THIS IS PAINFUL.

Comments

Popular Posts