There be giant...people...

After over a week of being sick, I've survived. But just barely. Around Sunday it was pretty obvious I was NOT going to class because I was busy digging myself out of used tissues. A great friend and neighbor offered to get me some meds which she left on my porch (the better to not get you contaminated!) for me. I tried one of the suspiciously blue liquids that night and wooboy...strong stuff. It's the sort of medicine that's so intense it makes you forget who you are for short stints. I took a dose before I went to bed and another dose in the middle of the night and by the time I got up in the morning, I could barely gain consciousness and couldn't walk in a straight line all day. Literally. ALL DAY. I felt high. The next day was similar but not as intense since I lowered my dose of said suspicious blue liquid. Tuesday afternoon I attended one class that I couldn't afford to miss. Wednesday was the first real day back to school although I still wasn't feeling great. Yesterday was a little different because I went on a field trip with my Ceramics class but it was my first full day OUT since being sick and it went quite well. I woke up with a sore throat again but I definitely don't feel as bad as I have been feeling. I just might make it yet.
For the field trip we went to the Raleigh Art Museum...which I was unaware even existed. It was a much needed creative getaway. I was very surprised by its size and its vast property full of trains! We were there about 5 hours and it wasn't quite enough.
Yesterday morning I woke up to silence...which is rare in this house. The cats make it a goal to wake me up at 5am every morning and then usually again around 7 or 9 or 10 or all three. Well I woke up around 9:50 to silence. I went into the living room. Nothing. Then I noticed the study door was closed. Hmm...I opened it and somehow George had shut both himself AND Bean inside. I also found my computer on. They were no doubt feverishly downloading virus' to my computer. Little spazzes.
Last night I dreamed I moved into this really nice apartment that was owned by these giant people and the owner started reaching his hand inside to try to catch us so we had to escape through the back screen door. Stressful.
Photo: Unknown found via Yoism

Comments

Popular Posts