Alive

I'm still alive. And I'm actually doing remarkably well. I've just been REALLY busy with school. So to anyone who pictured my absence as consisting of me curled up in a dark corner in the fetal position, rhythmically humming something sounding vaguely Indian, my apologies. I am doing well. Really. It's interesting how the process of deployments go. Before and the day of departure, the world is bleak and a little scary. But the first few days after he leaves, there's a content wash of relief. It's finally begun...which means it's on it's way to being over. I'm in no way relieved that he's not here. I miss him. But it's a relief to get on with this already.
This has been the week of confusion. I had a make-up class on Monday that's normally on Tuesdays and Thursdays...so I'm all kinds of messed up. I'm also finishing the last book in the series The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest. O. M. G. BEST series ever. No really. BEST. I stayed up super late during one section the other night because I LITERALLY could not put it down.
Today has been a catch-up day. Although I didn't really get to DO all the stuff I needed to, I felt like I let mySELF catch up in a mental sense. One HUGE thing off my list was mailing John his giant footlocker of stuff he needs. The post office worker was nice enough to lift it to the counter for me (all 56 pounds worth...I can lift it since I obviously had to get it in and out of my car and into the post office...but lifting it chest level....yeah I don't think so...bulky!) and it is now out of my hands. I then went to workout for the first time in I don't even know how long. Which is embarrassing. Thankfully, I haven't been sitting on my ass. I've still been active...just not literal workouts. It was nice to be at the gym again. I missed it. When I got home, I took a long bubble bath, shaved my leggies, got in my jammies (at 5pm) and changed the sheets on my bed. I had this urge to crawl into bed all squeaky clean into nice fresh sheets...or as my mom calls them "furry sheets." Then I made myself dinner, watched Ugly Betty...and here I am. I keep having this feeling that I have something meaningful to say but honestly I don't. I've been meaning to write something for several days...and this, in its entirety, is what I wanted to write. My boring daily nonsense that may not be very interesting...but somehow putting it down on the keyboard gives me peace. It makes me appreciate today. Even if my homework isn't done yet.
9 pounds down. 21 to go.
Photo: Roman Holiday found via (201) Bride

Comments

Popular Posts