Scratch that!

So...yeah...I changed my mind...not going to do the worst website weekly thing. BUT...as I find those gems, I will be sure to share them here. Because they are spectacular. Oh and for the record of...stuff...the pics used on here so far are not my original works. Such as this lovely back scratcher above. So I'm not claiming/stealing anyone else' creativity. I'll be posting my own photography soon and will note it as such.
My old friend Ben is coming for the weekend which will be stellar. Haven't seen him in awhile and am completely honest in saying I've been a crappy friend cuz I never once visited him while he was in the area for almost a year...or was it over a year? Either way...I suck. I admit it. So I'm ever so stoked that he's coming to visit...should be sweet to catch up. We grew up in China and went to part of high school together so we, as well as my brother and other friends, can be our "strange cultural" selves around each other. Ah...it is such a relieving/relaxing feeling being around someone that has an inkling of an idea of your strange cultural misconception...or maybe it's everyone else's cultural misconception of you. I think that's what it is. Cuz my cultural identity does make sense...it's just not common. Although strangely enough I met a checker at Safeway...And by checker I mean...bag checker. Not checker...Good times. Anyways...his first language was Japanese (jealousy!!) and he grew up in Asia too. So...I guess there's more of us out there than we really realize or think. Definitely. I'd bust out in "It's a Small World After All" but I'm in a smallish office and I doubt it would go over well since my co-workers already think I throw my voice (term used by ventriloquists...look it up) and am not talking when I really am because of the weird voices I use when telling stories...not sure how much Rachel this office can handle. Ah well...they'll get their dose soon enough.

Comments

Popular Posts