SLEEP

I wrote this whole blog post. And it vanished. The gist of it was I'm being held hostage by a 2 year old. Their sleep schedule is all messed up from moving and she won't go to sleep unless you wait in her room for her to fall asleep. Up until a week ago, she was still waking up 3 times a night (before we moved, she was an amazing sleeper and practically put herself to bed) and often times, John would just sleep in their room (which I told him to STOP DOING UNLESS HE NEVER WANTS TO LEAVE THEIR ROOM AGAIN).
Then the other day while looking for something in their closet, Sabine saw the base for her old cool mist humidifier and cried happily, "Nigh-nigh!" I took that as a cue for action and put it to work that night. I use a sound machine anyway but I guess that machine's sound, even without the top, is comforting to her. I was amazed she even remembered what it was! So that has reduced the nightly wake-ups to once a night...which is great in my book after it being so bad. But you still have to wait for her to fall asleep. And tonight she has the wiggles. P and her now share a room so P has had to suffer through the wakefulness.
I am coming down with a cold. But despite not feeling great, I'm excited. I am pushing forward with stuff in Premier. I'm grasping for anything I can and am excited with new developments in the company (like Facebook parties counting as real in-person parties??? Whaaaaat???)! I want to succeed and feel like God keeps leading me to this. I pray I can be bold even when I'm terrified.
Yesterday, I met the manager of the local Starbucks I'm hoping to work part-time at.
Today, Sabine had her first morning of no tears at preschool drop off!
Tomorrow, I'm taking P on a date to see a movie. I remember I saw the Little Mermaid when I was 4 and was absolutely enchanted. I'm taking her to see the newest Disney movie so hopefully it's good and we have a nice date together.
Things are coming together, I think, kind of!

Comments

Popular Posts