Live Blog Ramblings

Okay. I am doing my first live blog. And I am multitasking between driving, picking up my children, and doing audio-to-text blogging or whatever you call it. This is either a genius idea, severely stupid and foolish, or a way to grow in character and multitasking. I'm finally starting to feel secure enough to drive without google maps directing me to preschool so I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes which could be very interesting since I'm narrating my trip at the same time.
I don't know how much I've talked about Premier Designs in this blog because the past couple of years have been pretty quiet but I'll summarize by saying this: in the beginning, Premier Designs was never going to be a big thing. I had huge doubts from the get-go and really thought that the whole idea of working from home and staying at home with my kids was just kind of impossible but I let myself hope and God directed me to Premier and here I am today. I've been in for almost 2 years and I just attended our Regional Rally and got to see the brand new jewelry live which was amazing (not to mention all the encouragement and training). I don't even know what else to say about it other than it has become so much more than a way to bring in some income. It's become a way to make friends. It's become a way to grow as a person. It's become a way to get out of my comfort zone. And to challenge myself. It's become a way to give back and to reach out to people and to truly listen to peoples' stories and try to break into their shell and figure out what exactly is going on and how I can help, even if it's just being a listening ear. I don't really know what's going to happen from this but I know that God directed me to it and every time I think about quitting, he directs me back to it. It's definitely not easy doing direct sales but Premier makes it do-able in a way that so many other companies are at a disadvantage. I doubt myself everyday and wonder every day, who am I kidding and I wonder just how I do this, how can I be successful at this when I'm scared to death at times. But every time, something happens that shows me that God is in this. Really, that's the difference right there; God is in this. God is in this company because it was based on biblical principles and on honoring God and helping people and at the end of the day, it's not about me.
If I can do it with a brand new baby and an almost three-year-old with my husband gone on multiple trainings as well as deployment then anyone can do it and I know so many people who have so many children and are fostering more children and have so many difficult things happening in their lives; death, sickness, cancer, financial turmoil...the list goes on. But those shouldn't be reasons that you don't do Premier. They should be reasons you DO do Premier because it actually can make the difference. The only difference between those people and you is not making excuses and those women don't make excuses for the things going on in their lives. They use them as their why and their reason to keep pushing and to do Premier. Because I know that Premier can provide and that God has used Premier as such an amazing vehicle to not only change their lives but change people around them and provide them with a platform to touch others' live. As terrified as I am of being open and unafraid and just vulnerable, I'm ready to stop and actually get out there, make a difference and be daring and my word for this year (I'm not one of those people that makes a word for every year because I just don't really have time for that but the word that just kept coming up when I was thinking about what I wanted seeing this year...) is purpose. I like to make New Year's resolutions. I do them realistically. It's not like I want to be rich and famous; they are actual things that I want to change in my life. Some of them were very specific because you know it's so easy to be like, exercise more, and then you get to a year later and you're like, well I did exercise more but not that much...so I think being specific is really important. I want this year to have purpose and what I'm doing to have purpose. I don't want to waste time on Facebook; I would much rather record live blogs that no one listens to or reads because it actually gives me a creative outlet and I'm actually better because of it, as silly as that seems. I want to be diligent with my time and actually we putting time towards my kids and my husband and other people and not just wasting time on Facebook or wasting time drooling on my desk wasting time doing whatever. I don't have time for that. I'm 31 years old. And I am thankful that I feel as good about being in my thirties as I do. I feel better in my thirties than I felt in my twenties about myself in general but we're not done growing, baby. We've got lots of room to grow so this is going to be the year of purpose where things are intentional, time is not wasted, energy is not wasted and I pour myself into others and not just hide behind my own door, so yeah! That's how I'm feeling right now. I'm almost to the kids' preschool and today was really my first day solo without them which was kind of fabulous and I am just motivated. I'm really nervous about what I need to do but excited at the same time to see what God's going to do with me and what he's going to do with Premier and with our life here. It's a whole different animal so until next time, my dear readers and listeners...stalkers.
Until next time.

Comments

Popular Posts