Mother Mother!!

I have had a few musical discoveries in the past year or two that have seriously absolutely blown me away. Some of them have been singular albums by a group that just went above and beyond. Like Memento Mori by Flyleaf. I have still not recovered from the awe that is that album. Others are just the artists themselves. This month I discovered Mother Mother. A friend posted something about them on facebook and after listening to one of their songs, I had one of those moments. You know...one of those moments of familiarity where you think, "Yeah, I should have written this song." Pretty much everything of theirs that I've heard gives me chills because it's so...ME. The sound is SO me. I can't even really explain it. But it's epic epicly awesome music that should be checked out. By you. Pronto. My current favorites are this and that.
Photo: Mother Mother found via Wikipedia

Comments

Erika Britt said…
Was I that friend? SO GOOD! This is my current Mother, Mother fave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LShhlkTfw&feature=related

Popular Posts