He's Home.

Wow. It has been a long time.
It's funny how everything happens at once and things, like this blog, go out the window for a period of time. Obviously I survived the last blog post. But just barely.
John is home. And it almost feels like everything could be right in the entire world. I find myself not wanting to leave the house because he might come home soon and I find myself looking forward to cooking dinner because he'll be there. I find myself baffled when someone is there to run get the door when I'm carrying too many things vs. my usual fight to open the door with my legs. As I type, I see his car drive down our road on its way home. The clutter around the house that would normally stress me out now makes me smile for a moment...because it means he is here. It's nice to be with my love once more.
It was a whirlwind week. I got a replacement phone the day after breaking my blackberry. Blackberry made every attempt to fight through and survive. Even at the Verizon store, it continued to light up its blank little screen and blink at me happily. Poor thing. At times, I feel like phones have gotten to the point of being like a pet. I cried as hard as I have losing a pet when I found it broken. It wasn't that a phone is really that meaningful. It was just losing all possible contact with the world and John mid-travel. Looking back at the meltdown a few days later, I couldn't help but smirk a little about how out of hand I got. But deployments definitely bring out the crazy in people. Watch the "I Threw It On the Ground" SNL sketch and that gives you a glimpse into how I was feeling.
John was scheduled to be home on Saturday but then found out it would actually be Friday! He was the last person off the plane and my friend Katelyn captured our gleeful reunion. The rest of the squadron was supposed to come in one Friday, switched to Saturday and then were delayed daily until finally Wednesday most of the jets got home. Two were still stuck in Europe. They returned yesterday to their eagerly waiting families. John and I showed up to greet them and I took pictures. As soon as they arrived, we quickly left to attend a scholarship reception; I got a scholarship I applied for through the Officers' Spouses' Club! I got word of my acceptance the same day John got back.
I still had a few finals to endure after John got home but they went by pretty quickly and I am now in the middle of the throws of an entirely free summer, aside from a few choir events. I literally don't know what to do with myself which sort of scares me so I am trying to make plans for myself so I get stuff done and don't sleep the summer away...as tempting as that sounds.
In the meantime, it's laundry day, John is home, and I have kisses to deliver.
Photo: Katelyn Noyes

Comments

Popular Posts