CURSE

And the deployment curse strikes again...just for the heck of it since there's only about 4 days left to the current deployment. Just when I thought I was in the clear...
My garage door and phone broke in the same day. In fact, it was practically the same 5 minutes. Thankfully, I have fixed the garage door (I think?...please please please oh please). Sadly, the phone is not fixable. I am now phoneless and feel more alone than I have all deployment. It's amazing how something so simple can feel so important. I know in the scheme of life, it's not at all important. But when it comes to my husband trying to reach me mid-travel, it kinda matters. I was already in tears when the garage door broke. I was beyond consolable when I discovered my phone. That just pushed me over the edge...and now I'm exhausted. Exhausted because it's finals week. Exhausted from trying to get as much done this evening as possible and failing absolutely. Exhausted from crying for at least half of eternity. And exhausted because I don't think I could stand this deployment lasting one minute longer than it has to. It's one thing to be single and be self-dependent. It's another to know in your gut that your better half is somewhere else while you try to hold the fort down and keep it all together. I know that's hard for a lot of people to understand...but it's a very distinctly different feeling. I know because I've been in both boats. I've been the lonely single and I've been and still am the lonely wife.
And all this began because I wanted to hang my husband's welcome home sign on the garage door. How dare I.
I need a very, very stiff drink and someone to beat the hell out of.
Thank you and good night.

Comments

Popular Posts