Sneeer

My cats think I am trying to starve them to death. When in actuality, I am trying to prevent them from becoming diabetic fatties later in life. Kids will never learn.
I got drunk last night. It was joyously fun and it was with friends. At first I wasn't so sure it was with friends...because sometimes I mistake people who are not my friends for my friends due to the amount of association we do in large groups. But by the middle of the evening, I realized I was indeed in a group of friends. Dysfunctional friends, yes. But friends nonetheless. It was a great day/night and I learned that I enjoy Irish Car Bombs. The drinks/shots. Gosh, people. Settle down.
I did a short but wonderfully productive maternity shoot today. The momma-t0-be is 6 days away from her due date and ready to have this kid already. I'm glad baby Wesley waited long enough to have some maternity pics done. We definitely should have done them about a month ago because Lauren was NOT comfortable, hence the shortness of the shoot. But surprisingly, I got a good amount of good shots that make me very happy. And she likes them too. ;)This was my favorite moment of the shoot, even though it's definitely not my best picture. The concept is just too awesome and her face says it all.
I've been drawing. I don't have any work to post yet...because I'm lazy right now. But I did finish one piece. It's funny how I can go from a day of complete epic artistry to a day of complete HELL drawing and back again. My second art day, after producing something I was very pleased with on the first day, did not turn out so peachy. In fact, I can barely look at the "creation" from day two, if it could be called that at all. No. I gotta give it a little credit. The idea was cool. The figure in the drawing is good. But everything else is just eh. Bleh. So moving on! I am very proud of myself though for not completely clamming up and never wanting to set foot in my art studio again though like I have on other occasions. Through seething and gritted teeth, I just kept repeating my teacher Jenny's words to myself: "Don't be afraid to make some mistakes." And she's right. NO artist makes nothing but 100% AWESOME art. It just isn't possible. Even Michaelangelo had bad days. I am sure of it. And that's something I never wanted to allow myself to have before. But I'm growing and learning and accepting that...WOW...I'm not perfect?? What a concept. I have issues. It is not a secret. But I'm working through them, art and normal issues alike.
So I moved on from said-ugly drawing (a very hard step) and started a new sketch yesterday. It has been sneering at me from the corner most of the afternoon today but I plan on obliterating it (in the nicest, most creative way possible) either this evening or tomorrow. I am pleased with it (mostly) thus far...and plan on continuing to be pleased with it.
Now I'm going to go eat food. And smile.
Photo: James Parsons found via Jahsonic

Comments

sokaley said…
I saw the pics of the maternity shot, very cute. I like this one too, her expression is priceless. :)

Glad to see you back on the blog. What's up for Weds, will you by any chance be avail?

Popular Posts