Crash

I'm ready to crash. And I can see the massive collision in the distance. Thankfully, I also see my long-awaited vacation in the distance as well. Well...tomorrow being the distance.
It's been a busy, busy, busy week. Or two weeks. Or three. I'm not even sure what year it is anymore. Time is running away with me in a nap-sack on its back. Kidnapped by time. Sounds about right, right? Right.
I've found myself surrounded by madness. Sensory overload. Too many things to get done in minus zero time. Yes. Minus zero. It's intense. Here are a few things running through my mind this week:
Yesterday I faced my greatest fear and had a blood test. It went well...mainly because the exam that happened before it wasn't as good...but still it went a lot better than expected. So I am encouraged.
I realize this week that I told my spouse club I'd be donating some things to an auction that's going on in March. But my items are due like...um...tomorrow. And I hadn't even started them until two nights ago. Yeah. Wonderful. In most cases like these, I either admit I'm in over my head and regretfully let the person know who I'm about to let down that I'm about to let them down by backing out. But amazingly enough I had a surge of creative energy and cranked out four Baby Robots (donating two so that means I'm ahead! YEAH!) and last night, in less than three hours, I did a painting. It's not finished but it only has a few details left before it's good to go. I'm kind of shocked at how much I like it and am almost sad to be giving it up for an auction. But it IS going to a good cause. And I am going to take pics of it before I give it up. So...pics to follow...
The Olympics has been showing and Monique came over for dinner last week to watch the opening ceremony. During it, Eastern North Carolina got its first snow of the winter. It was quite shocking as they've called for snow about 80 times and it never happens so I thought they were full of crap. We ended up having a full wonderland of snow by the next day and spent most of the day in our jammies.
But back to the Olympics. I am very, very proud to say that China won its first ever gold medal in pairs figure skating. I watched the couple with open mouth during their first performance and I knew right away they were going to get it. They were so dedicated and wanted it SO bad and it truly paid off. GO CHINA!
Monday, the two remaining jets from John's squadron finally arrived. Meaning Monique and Steph's hubbies returned! I want to do a longer post on this later...when my brain isn't so mushy...mushy as in mashed potatoes...not as in lovey-dovey. But for now, I will just say that seeing those guys land, taxi in and deplane (not a word? it is now...) was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I can't describe how cool it is to see someone arrive in a jet and say "My friend's in there." SO amazing. It was also a MAGICALLY BEAUTIFUL day for a homecoming. WOW is all I can say. I got some amazing pictures of the reunions of these two couples and I truly believe I was as giddy as they were. However possible that is, I don't know. But I truly get a kick out of taking pictures at deployment reunions. There is SO much energy in the air. And no I'm not talking about the mass amounts of static electricity that's driving everyone crazy during this season.
We started painting the kitchen. Cool right? Yeah. If the paint would cover. We got half way through the second coat (with me doing the edges on the second coat)...and realized...it wasn't going to cover...even with three coats it might not cover still. We were bummed but we finished the coat we were on and are going to buy new paint. Meanwhile, the entire house is a chaotic mess because of clearing out the kitchen for paint. So picture this: Lauren's coming over for dinner tonight, we're leaving for vacation tomorrow, paint is everywhere and crap is everywhere and somehow we gotta get it all cleaned by tonight and then even more by tomorrow so that the cats down tear the house apart while we're gone. Needless to say, my lunch hour was spent putting stuff back in the kitchen. Sometimes being a wife and having a house is tedious. But I still love it.
Ever since John came home, it feels like it's both been months and minutes since he arrived. Time is completely malfunctioning and my brain with it. But soon we will be on the road, not a care in the world besides getting to Florida as fast as we can. Disney World, here I come! I've only been to Disney Land and I was a wee child when I got to do that...so I'm very, very excited about this trip. So excited in fact...that I can't even really think about it because I feel like it isn't really happening. I'm in a cement state of denial. But as long as it really does happen, I'm sure my brain will go back to normal...eventually.

Comments

Popular Posts