Blackberry

I got a new phone. My old one was on its last legs. The breaking point was when I missed one of John's calls from Greece because it never rang. And then I missed another one of his calls because it had turned off...by itself. It also only received/sent select text messages, the ones it deemed worthy. Monique and I experienced a lot of confusion because of this. I got into the habit of sending all of my messages to her twice and pray that one of the copies would go through. So it was time for a change. I was sad because I have NOT had this phone very long. But that is my own fault. I never got a case for it and I am extremely talented at dropping my keys and phone. Sometimes dropping my keys ON my phone. So...a case is a must with me. Bad, bad Rachel.
I started scouring the net for phones before it got to this point and when it was finally time, I picked out a blackberry for my new phone. I was very, very, very excited as I've never had a phone with internet access. And I often (more than often) find myself in need of such a thing in North Carolina. Everything is so spread out that you've gotta be able to look up addresses and businesses. And as me and my friends have experienced, GPS's cannot be depended on. You should always have a second source...just in case.
The phone arrived the day John came home. I mostly ignored it that day other than plugging it in to charge. The next day, after several hours throughout the day of arm wrestling the thing, scouring the software, scouring the verizon wireless website, google, etc. for help on how to get my contacts transferred from my old phone to my blackberry to no avail (the instructions they provided referred to things that simply did not exist...I finally added contacts by hand), I was ready to throw in the towel and hurl the thing across the room. I went to bed that night resolved that I would return it the following morning. But the phone stayed and I continued to struggle with it, forcing it into submission.
A case I had ordered (as I said...a MUST) arrived a few days later and its arrival marked a change in my and my phone's attitude toward each other. We have begun to get to know each other and have made a lot of progress. I've gotten encouragement from some friends, saying they experienced the same annoyance their first few days but that it would pass. I am liking this thing more and more by the day.
The coolest thing I got to do so far (at least I found it cool!) was access my blog from my phone. I was really excited about the idea of blogging and writing from my phone.
I think we are going to be good friends, me and this phone. Sit. Stay.

Comments

Popular Posts