Rammstein, Shammstein

I really never thought I could spend a whole day listening to German angry music singing about their mothers...but...ya know...I never thought a lot of things.
The past few days Rammstein has been my choice music. It's actually pretty undistracting and I enjoy listening to it. I can't understand everything but there's definitely a few words that shine through. For example, listen to the song "Sonne" and guess what the chorus is saying. My first guess was something about Lasagna. Good times.
Picking music for work is a tricky task. It has to be distracting enough to block out the sounds of the rest of the room but not too distracting so you can still do what you need to do without typing "Hit Me Baby One More Time" or something similar in Tech Support. Not a good thing. I'd like to keep my job, thank you. Thankfully I've found a few artists that can fit this tricky category of music...commonly they are angry music...but hey...who said angry music had to make you angry? Rammstein just makes me think of my Swedish highschool classmate Josef bobbing his head violently in unison with his hand while singing "Du Hast"...you know what I mean. You can totally picture it. You've done it yourself probably. Don't try acting so cool...pretending you don't know what I'm talking about. Makes you look like an idiot. I know who you are.

Comments

Popular Posts