Mind Trap

I have a theory that I would be an excellent horror film writer because I have the most descriptively twisted mind...and it always seems to blow the smallest things out of proportion by accident and what started as a little spill turns into a giant plot for bloodshed. My imagination can make anything terrifying. For example: I dreamt a guy who looked a LOT like Bob Ross (not scary right?) was trying to kill me (scary) with a hammer (and of course ironically I have a hammer in my room). He couldn't move when we were looking at him but he could when we looked away. Like red light green light. At one point, we looked back at him and he was two inches from my face with a hammer above his head. We didn't look away after that and then I woke up. I hate waking up from dreams like that because I never feel alone in my room. I always feel like there's someone there. I loathe that feeling. It makes me want to own a gun. A big one. I hate the feeling of feeling unsafe. Ironically I feel less safe here in the states than I ever felt in China.
So...I found something spilled on my bed tonight. At first I thought it was cat pee (ew) but there's NO way it's cat pee. There's no odor...or at least BARELY an odor (and not a pee odor) and there's a lot of it. No one has been in my room. No one has been in my house. I haven't had any liquids in my room. So my mind goes full speed in every direction of all the scary scenarios it could be: someone came in my room and spilled something and is now somewhere in the house waiting because they know I will have to wash my blanket and have my back turned at some point. Someone came into my room and jerked off and is now hiding in my closet waiting for me to go to sleep so they can rape/kill me. Someone poured some chemical on my sheets that's going to eventually knock me out and I'm gunna wake up in someone's cellar. The list goes on. This is just my unbridled mind. This is what it does when I sleep or when I'm lacking sleep...or when I can't explain something that creeps me out. And it sucks. I know it's retarded sounding...and I try to keep it from getting like this but I hate stuff like this. I hate not having an explanation for something. Especially in my personal space. Especially when my space looks unsettled...and I don't remember unsettling it. Especially when I KNOW no one in my family has been in my room. Well...mind trap...I have a hammer and I'm not afraid to swing.
Suddenly "Bang, bang Maxwell's silver hammer came down on her head" comes to mind...great...just great. It's going to be a long night.

Comments

Popular Posts