Piss

I was going to write something about how blueberries bring back memories of when I was 10 and quite possibly had them for the first time (I've never seen one in China) and how I have always loved drinking water (never get when people complain about how they hate it and it's such a struggle to consume)...but then my now 3 year old defied me. And when she defies, it seems to be an all day thing. And it gets even more frustrating because it's one of the days where she stays positive the whole time. No whining or throwing a fit. Just sweetness and blind cluelessness preventing her from focusing and getting a thing I ask her to do done. Honestly, I kind of admire her positivity. I truly do. But I also would like her to take care of her things and clean up the multiple messes she's made without me sitting there with her and pointing at each crumb of an object and asking her to pick it up. Her cheerfulness almost makes me feel bad having to try to parent her. Almost.
She doesn't give a flying stick if she eats dinner or has a bath or sees her toys again or gets a spank as a result of all this; she's in her own little world and is having the time of her life. And if I wasn't feeling like piss and coming down with a cold, I might be delighted by her cuteness. But for now I can just manage strong annoyance and a few smirks from said cuteness. But I'm still exhausted and still feel like piss and there's still crap everywhere. And I'm not cleaning it up.
Why does she have to be so darn cute when she's defying me???
Penelope, I love that you offered me a big hug when I said you not listening to me made me very sad. I wish hugs fixed up messy rooms too.

Comments

robayre said…
Same on water, high five! I grew up in a house where it was pop and all day and night. Regular, diet, flavors, caffeine free, whatever. It took me until late high school early college to ask myself "Why do I drink this stuff?" I hated it. It burned my throat going down, and gave me hiccups 100% of the time, so I'd pour it as high as I could to get out any carbonation, defeating the purpose of soda altogether. So now, I'm all water, all the time. I loved it before but now I just don't understand how others can say they don't like the taste of it. Oh, you don't like the taste of what your whole body is almost entirely comprised of?

Popular Posts