YeYe

My dad is here.
It's a visit I was nervous, excited, anxious about. My dad and I haven't always gotten along real well. But times have changed. And I'm glad he's here. We've enjoyed our time reconnecting over breakfast, being serenaded by familiar piano pieces, and thoroughly enjoying Penelope. She loves her YeYe already.
I got word today that I am approved to have an independent study through school. This is HUGE. They pretty much said no the first few times and then my instructor/friend Elizabeth went up to bat for me and well...here we are. This is going to be a big growing point for me, I think. It's going to be a very busy semester but a good one. I have so much to do...so much to plan...so much to just FIGURE OUT. But...it's going to be awesome. And it might be the best distraction. John checked into his new unit this week and so far I've seen him a grand total of...wait for it...6 hours in the past 3 and 1/2 days. So...less than two hours a day...which kind of sucks. The commute is killing him and the hours are long. I'll just say I'm not happy and leave it at that. In general, I AM happy. But about this I am not. I had lots to say on the subject the other day and would love to give a shout out (or knock out) to the main person responsible for him even having this FAC tour...but I'll be good and keep my mouth shut. This is just going to be a stretching period...I will have to stretch a little thin. There's talk of three periods of several weeks each where he will be away from home. And then there's talk of a longer deployment. But let's hope that's just talk. I miss you, love. And it has hardly begun. Trust...trust and hope.
Photo: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts