Pop

Despite having SO many options to choose from for April Fools Day, I decided to refrain from making people worry by saying I was going into labor...or having twins...or both.
The past week has pushed me from being pregnant to being ready to pop. And it's not even time yet. Sheesh.
I'm moving into the stage where sleep is becoming harder to come by. There are a few reasons for this. Take your pick or mix and match!:
A. Having to pee 6+ (no joke) times a night.
B. Being unable to find ANY comfortable position despite oodles of pillows.
C. Just POPPING awake at like...3am. For no reason. (hence this blog post)
D. Tummy muscle aches. No, this is not from exercise. As my tummy gets tighter, the muscles get achier and it hurts to just lie there. Or breathe.
E. Oh yeah! Breathing! What's that?
I'm starting to understand how symptoms like these could make a pregnancy VERY long if they began earlier in pregnancy for me. But despite these minor discomforts, I'm trying to enjoy the rest of my time in this stage...which isn't too hard to do. Little (and big!) kicks, LOTS of hiccups, being told my baby girl likes to lie sideways (hope you turn around soon!), the never-failing bond that already exists between daddy and his girl (no kidding...she won't kick on command for me but for him, she never fails...), watching the excitement in John spread until I could almost call him in a nesting stage, organizing, organizing, organizing the nursery...etc. It's hard to believe I only have 6 weeks left...and it's not hard at all either. I go back and forth. I had a minor spell last week where I thought I was going into labor...but thankfully it was false labor and passed after I ate something. Part of me wants to get on with it and just have her already. But the other side of me knows she needs more time...and so do I...and it would be great if she'd change to a better birthing position soon. In other news, I will be getting a third ultrasound soon! And John will be able to attend. So excited.
Well...I'm going to go lay down and try to fall asleep for another hour or two before it's time to get up. Wish me luck.
Photo: Bob Landry found via Days Gone By

Comments

Popular Posts