Count Down

We have entered the era of pain. It's the point in pregnancy where if you've been mostly comfortable the rest of pregnancy that will quickly change and pain becomes generally a permanent part of your day...and night.
The joints are stretching, the hips are expanding, the belly is ALL over the place. But there's an end in sight and for all it could be, it's really not that horrible. I've only wanted to cry once.
I saw the doctor earlier this week and baby is HEAD DOWN and ready to rumble!! So excited because after being told she was sideways several weeks in a row, I started to get a little concerned. So now we just wait, hope, pray, and dream.
On Wednesday, the Ceramics Instructor from my school invited me to her personal art studio to cast my belly in plaster. It was an awesome experience, a lot more fun than I expected and I walked away with a really cool casting of my belly. Baby Chickpea even helped loosen it up when it was almost dry with all her wiggling. She is generally in one position most of the time and that is butt to the left, feet to the FAR right. I had a moment driving home with John the other day that I exclaimed, "WHERE DID MY RIBS GO???" because something (I'm guessing her leg or feet) was wedged SO high up on the OUTSIDE of my ribs that I could no longer feel any ribs to speak of. It was strange and funny. Back to the casting...I will be going back next week to get another casting done for her to keep (she's doing a series on preggo bellies!) and may get another one to keep myself. Even if I never do anything with them...I'm glad I got them done.
It is approaching the end of my 37th week. Crazy talk. But it's true. I feel mostly ahead of the game in my classes which is a very good place to be. Every evening I am CONVINCED that I'm about to go into labor...but then it passes. My classmates have made a poll of when they think she'll be born. So...yes...it's close people.
Lastly...the photo is from my second session of maternity pictures that my wonderful friend Lauren did (laurenweeksphotography.com) that I just got back. ABSOLUTELY love it and am so glad we decided to take a few more pictures even if the session was short and neither of us were really in the mood.

Comments

Erika Britt said…
Yup, Zoey was born on the day I was 38 weeks exactly! Any time my friend! I know that uncomfortable feeling-I'm-as-big-as-a-house stage. Rest well! You're going to be amazed at how capable your body is for the journey ahead! Can't wait to meet your chicklet!

Popular Posts