SURPRISED

I love surprises. Not all people do but I am definitely someone who loves surprises. However...I am quite intuitive so it takes quite a bit to surprise me. I learned that to its full extent today.
I'm also a worrier. It's something I want to break about myself and I've come a long way with God's help only...but I have such a long way to go ahead. That being said, I tend to obsess over silly things. For example, I was convinced and worried that no one would throw me a baby shower unless I got the ball rolling. Ridiculous right? Yeah. That's me. This has been something that's plagued my mind for MONTHS. Literally. I worried about it. It made me sad and I wanted to fix it but didn't know how. Little did I know my friends were already busy planning my baby shower. And it was today.
It took lots of cunning tricks and sneakiness on...well...EVERYONE'S part. Apparently, I am a very difficult person to keep a secret from. It got to the point that I caused those hosting the shower to second guess everything, suspect me of knowing all their plans and wonder if I was just "playing along," and finally, one friend admitted, "Yeah I took a zanex last night...I was so stressed out about it."
I was utterly and completely surprised. I've never been that surprised in my life. IN MY LIFE. So...the hat goes off to the ladies in charge; zanex or not, they never had me even with a clue of what was going on and it was a fabulous, fabulous day. I haven't felt that special in a long time.
We arrived at Katrina's house to "pick something up" and John needed to "drop something off." Lauren was going to do our maternity pictures and she said she needed to get a memory card from Katrina's house that she loaned to Katrina's friend. On John's way in he was very insistent that I come in to greet Katrina. After much persisting (hey, I thought we were leaving right away so I didn't want to waste time!), I came in and was blasted with a chorus of "SURPRISE!" It took me most of the rest of the afternoon to fully recover and figure out how all of this had been carefully put together without me knowing it. At first, I thought they had thrown it together at the last second...and then I saw John's mom and step-dad and realized...there's no way this was last minute since they don't live near by.
So...long story short...I was very surprised. It was a beautiful shower, baby girl and I got lots of love and gifts and I even cried opening one from my mom. I couldn't have asked for a better or more surprising baby shower OR a better group of friends who went through hell to keep it a secret for me. John did an AMAZING job playing along as did a LOT of people...so...thank you everyone. It truly made my day. :)
Photo: Unknown found via Yahoo!

Comments

Erika Britt said…
Yup, I pretty much sobbed through my baby showers. Hello hormones! Glad you and baby W are getting lots of treats!

Popular Posts