Ebay Users Anonymous

I had to share a photo from our shoot. It turned out amazing. Of course it did! I haven't even seen all the pictures yet but from what I've seen, I'm in love. So watch yourself, Lauren.
We bought a car. It wasn't the one I thought it was going to be. I'll do a quick run down: we arrived, found out the car we wanted to see had been SOLD. Sad face! BUT there was good news...the salesman we were working with had something else to show us. After test driving it (I was convinced it was too small until I got into it and realized it was much larger than I had originally thought!) and negotiating for several hours, we got it. We were all prepared to walk away if they didn't meet us where we wanted it. We definitely ended up getting it for more than we had planned but it was still in our budget...just on the higher end. However, it's MUCH newer than any other car we had talked about getting, is a diesel, and is just AWESOME. We tested out fitting the car seat and jogging stroller in the back as soon as we got home and had NO problem. I've driven it to school this week and every time I'm in it, I smile. I'm beyond thankful for it and feel so relieved; it was the last BIG thing to get done on our list before baby. So you can come anytime now, Chickpea. No...take your time. I know you need more time to grow.
I had prayed that if the original car we wanted to see was not right for us, we would know right away. I'm so glad we were directed to the car we ended up getting. Her name is Diedra. :)
So I'm part way through my hell week. It was going great until last night. Then things went south. But they've since gone north a little bit so I think I'm okay. I keep remembering that I'm pregnant on top of all of this so I feel like I get easily overwhelmed. I'm trying to keep that in mind and act accordingly to stay grounded.
I don't know if I've mentioned it or not but I am planning to cloth diaper. Yes. I'm insane. The world is ending. That seems to be the reaction I get from most people. A few are supportive and want to know how it goes. I am aware it's going to be an adjustment in itself...but I'm strangely ecstatically excited to try it. Now...I don't know if I've mentioned this either but...I am addicted to Ebay. Like...unhealthy, Ebay Users Anonymous addicted. BAD addicted. For this reason, I do not use Ebay. I cannot honestly tell you the last time I used Ebay before recently. Now...recently, I was in one of my stressing-about-baby modes and my subject of choice was cloth diapering and the cost. If you don't know, cloth diapering saves a lot of money. However...it also means forking out a lot of money to get started. In the long run, you save thousands (literally) of dollars. It just feels insane getting started. Thankfully, I got a large pile of diapers for $15 when we bought our crib and rocker from a dear couple on Craigslist. Unfortunately, I still needed more to get started. So I was stressing away about money when John suggested I look on Craigslist...or...gulp...Ebay. Well that did it. Some people might find using used diapers gross but if you understood how pristine some of these moms keep their cloth diapers, you'd never know they had been used. Let's just say I went to TOWN on Ebay. But it was with control, a mission, a well-laid-out plan, and my husband's consent. I made it out of there like a bandit (am I boring you to tears yet?) and now am entirely set to cloth diaper. I saved a minimum of $150 going through Ebay instead of buying new. And I'm stoked overall, to say the least. So bring it on, cloth diapering. I'm hoping we can become good friends.

Comments

Popular Posts