A Very Warm Husband

The few (if any) pluses to having a very warm husband away:
1. Heated blankets! <3 br="">
2. Heaters!
3. Staying up SUPER LATE on week nights!
4. And that's all. *sigh*
I tend to stay up late when I'm alone. I remember hating waking up alone during John's first deployment. Now, it's a little bit of that and a little bit of just enjoying some quiet mommy alone time to get stuff done. And by "get stuff done," I mean completely bum around on the computer. But I did do some homework tonight so there's progress!
A few things I love about John that I don't always talk about:
1. He is warm. Like...the warmest person I've ever known. It makes it both nice and annoying sleeping in one bed because a. if I'm cold, he's too hot for a heater but b. he doesn't mind icicle feet and me using him as a foot warmer.
2. He will pose for pictures for painting/artwork concepts no questions asked and trusts me completely to portray him in my art. I don't always think about it but I realize that's a HUGE thing and it says a lot about how much he believes in what I can do. I probably wouldn't let someone depict me in their artwork if I didn't stand behind their artwork completely.
3. He is domestic. I have never had to ask him to help me more around the house and I have never ironed one article of clothing for him because I've never been asked because he's perfectly happy and able to do it himself. Heart!
4. Even my weakest cooking moments have been met with a hungry belly with a following empty plate and compliments.
5. He insisted on changing 99% of P's diapers the first two weeks after she was born because he had the time off and knew I would be left with much more to do when he was gone.
For these and many, many, many other things, I love him dearly.
And will miss him so.

Comments

Popular Posts