Sassy Beast

I often find myself in these super awkward situations with a task to complete. And usually that task consists of, oh I don't know...having some awkward talk with someone about something no one ELSE wants to talk to them about but that needs to be said. How or why I am always the one that is chosen for this role, I will never know. It probably has to do with my ability to be sensitive (???) with people...but no one can be sure.
I have been assigned to such a task. I would really like to get it completed TODAY. But at the same time I want to run in the opposite direction, baby belly and all, screaming bloody murder out of insanity. The past few days have been rough on my self-control and my ability to be nice...the sassy pregnant lady is back. And it's not always a pretty/nice sight. But all the same, I feel like getting it over with sooner rather than later would be best. And as much as I hate time restraints, in the end they are usually pretty good ideas. Mostly.
So, because of said roughness on my self-control and ability to be nice...aka SASSINESS, I have been a complete BEAST in painting the past week. No...not BEAST as in mean. I mean BEAST as in I got a heck of a lot done. I don't think I even paused once to catch my breath. I just ignored everyone else in class and plowed, plowed, plowed through what I was working on. And thankfully, I chose to drive my energy into my self portrait. The piece I'm working on is a triptych. It's 3 panels, the center of which is my self portrait. I had barely started my self portrait the first day of painting this piece and then I quickly ignored it for several classes because it frustrated me and let's face it...painting self portraits is rough. Well, for that very reason I decided to hit it dead on. Last class, I got my entire face painted in only to realize it was too low. I had to scrap the whole thing and start over. Thankfully, I was able to get the overall layout in before the end of class. Yesterday, I worked more on fine tuning the details...only to realize again that I was off. But not AS off...so I think much of it can be kept. Sadly, my phone died on me (first time that's EVER happened in a school day) and no picture was taken. So I only have an older picture to share.
This one was taken earlier this week and it definitely doesn't look like me yet (or at least not as much like me as it will or as it presently does). But it's a good start and I like the improvements I got in of the skin tone. Note to all painters and artists: never use bottled skin tone color. Mixing it yourself is a pain in the ass but it makes such a HUGE difference in vibrancy and realisticness.
Okay...that's all for now. I'm off to read my bible and pray, get ready, go to class, and then hopefully (sigh) have a super awkward conversation with a friend.

Comments

Popular Posts