Lazy Monday

It's Monday night. Late-ish. I, of course, can't sleep. Why? Because I slept in AND took a nap today. Lazy much? Welllll...I was up until past midnight taking pictures at a classmate's deployment homecoming. But still...I can't really be surprised.
I began what might be my biggest painting project yet. I was not at all sure how I felt about it this evening as I pieced it together but now that it's actually BEGUN...it feels more promising. The assignment is a self-portrait that communicates something about who you are. Leave it to me to have it suddenly turn into three LARGE panels. This is going to bite. But...it'll turn out cool in the end (note: the left is a dragon, the right is a lion dancer mask...which I am not quite happy with the sketch of...and the center is a creepified me without eyes...I promise it'll get happier).
In other news, I stepped on the scale last week and was saddened to see I had reached a mark I hoped not to reach just yet. Not the end of the world, and I still feel like I've done an awesome job keeping things together...but I do realize I need to stay focused. Which is hard when there's a tiny person inside you with things she likes and WANTS. NOW. But I turned over a new leaf and have been more diligent in exercising and keeping track of what I eat. Like...no joke. As soon as I stop keeping track, that's when I suddenly eat an entire round of cake and a few piles of chocolate (you're welcome, baby) and forget I ate it and end the day feeling quite pleased with "how I did" and how I "kept control" when in fact...I just forgot what I ate. Woops! So...keeping track it is. This whole meal planning thing is going pretty well and I'm finding it fun. Who knew??
Well it is now midnight. I think the bed calls. Hopefully I will fall asleep. Hopefully. In the meantime, check this out:
I know, right??
Photos: Meself

Comments

Popular Posts