Mother and Child

My body is telling me, "TAKE A VACATION NOW."
Friday was the busiest day this weekend so far (although it's almost over) but it was definitely one of the most rewarding days despite it being jam-packed. I had the chance to draw my teacher and her son in the afternoon. I drew and she sat for around 3 hours and 45 minutes. I am still amazed she sat that long. But it was a great time. It started out a little rough; I was nervous and had trouble getting the initial sketch going but once I got it as solid as it was going to get, and the color started going on, it went a lot faster and I felt better about it. I came out of there COVERED in nupastels. It still needs a lot of work but I feel like I have a good place to work from. My teacher Jenny was proud of me and honestly...I was proud of me too! It felt great to be able to do a REAL portrait. And I think it'll help build my confidence for doing others.
Okay...now...sleep.

Comments

Andrea said…
That is a great drawing you did there. Don't you just love it when it all starts to come together.

Popular Posts