Figure This

AHHH!!! It's been one of those weeks/weekends. But I made it!! Only one more to go!
My last week and this weekend were completely consumed by one thing: HAIRSPRAY. That's right. The music. The school is putting it on and we are in the chorus. I dragged my feet and complained up until this point...but once I've actually out there dancing my butt off and singing, I have a blast EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Sure, it's tiring and I come away wishing there were about 10 extra hours to sleep each night. But it's been a great experience. I've probably gone through half a bottle of hairspray on my own just trying to get my hair to do this every night:Like the overly sunny disposition? Yeah. My face HURTS after each song from smiling so much. But it's been great. I love this. I am extremely exhausted from it though. Only FOUR more performances and I'm free as a bird to fly to visit Jenna! So excited. I keep forgetting I'm even going because I've been so stressed. And then I remember and am overcome with glee.
I'm doing a really interesting English assignment. We're doing a career study and I've interviewed the head of the art department and will be interviewing my figure drawing teacher on Wednesday. This has been SO good for me as I am heading more and more in the direction of majoring in fine art again. I just keep having little confirmations that keep telling me this is the RIGHT path. Even if I don't know specifically WHAT I'm going to do...this is the right direction. As someone very wise once said, you don't choose art; it chooses you.
I was having an extremely OFF day the other day in figure drawing. Like...I was embarrassed every time my teacher came up to look at my progress because I felt like I was brutally murdering the picture. Just SO off. She always has great suggestions though that make me think outside the box of what I'd normally do. By the end of the class, the model I was drawing approached me and told me that if I'd finish the drawing, she would buy it. FAINT. I've been working on it slowly this weekend and have made a little progress. But having anyone want to buy my work is amazing. My figure drawing teacher also offered to purchase a drawing I did of her holding her son during class. Instead, I'm going to get together with her to do a Nupastel drawing of her and her son and dedicate more time to it. I'm SO excited for this opportunity and am SO stoked that she would even want my work. I hope to learn a lot from her.

Comments

Popular Posts