Irony

Sometimes I feel plagued by irony. Let me explain:
As much as I get frustrated with being back in school, it's been the best experience. (Note to self: read this any time you want to throw yourself across the room and/or kick in the vending machines at school out of pure frustration.) I mean it. It's been great. And the longer I'm in school, the more I feel God pointing things out to me. Pointing out to me how unique I really am. I have three teachers who seem to be ganging up together to talk about me...and they have nothing but good things to say which is amazing to me. Not...amazing as in I'm out there causing trouble. I'm not. Amazing...just because I don't always think of myself as someone that stands out. I know I'm different. But not everyone else always knows that or gets that. It's nice when people actually do.
My choir teacher is excited to see what I can do musically. My English teacher is encouraging in ALL areas but especially in art and my writing. She has helped me develop in that way SO much. My drawing teacher has helped shape me in more ways than she'll ever know in such a short period of time. I feel SO inspired in her class and can't wait to see what limits I'll break next with her instruction.
Here's where the irony comes in: my choir director said I came up in conversation when talking about a particular school. He said he thought it was the perfect place for me because I have such diverse interests. I could pursue art AND singing AND acting if I wanted. All that and a bag o' chips? Yes, please. Guess what school? JUST guess? Where did I just move away from? BINGO. Cornish College of the Arts. The school I dreamed of applying to when I was younger but never built up the courage...or portfolio. Where is it located? Seattle. Where do I no longer live? Near Seattle. Where will I probably never live again as long as my husband has this career in the military? You guessed it again! SEATTLE. So...yeah...the irony is unbearable. And it's a little heartbreaking. Now that I'm looking at it, it is a good fit for me. It has the discipline I want, the flexibility I want, the overall diversity in subject I want. So why does it have to be so out of reach? I feel teased. And my heart is a little bit broken.
So what is this supposed to mean, God? I don't get it...yet.
Photo: Unknown found via Top News

Comments

Popular Posts