Still Sick

I don't know whether to be relieved or annoyed that I'm sick over a weekend. A weekend with a "snow day" attached at that. The sore throat has progressed and is slowly forming the sniffles. At least I have plenty of time to rest and lay around and drink lots of tea. Just wish someone was here to take care of me. In the meantime, Assassin's Creed 2, Call of Duty 2, and others will have to keep me company. And hopefully get some aggression out in the progress.
My mom and I are starting a creative venture together. I MIGHT have mentioned this earlier around Christmas time or shortly after. If not, here I am now mentioning it. So there. We're both excited about it but we're still in the works in bringing it to be so keep your eyes on here and stuff for a more concrete update. I'm SO excited to start something with someone, especially my mommy. She's the reason I'm the artist I am today; what better reason could exist to start a semi-business together creating things and having fun?
My mom has this incredible ability to completely creatively inspire me like no one else. She also is a creative-making MACHINE without even realizing it. Here I am slugging along and I feel like every day she's emailing me saying "Look what I made! It took me 5 minutes." It's ridiculous...but that's my mom for you. I'm sure she doesn't realize how incredible she is or give herself enough credit for all she's done (both creatively and as a person...and of course as a mom), but I definitely can't say enough about how great and talented my mom is.
Well...the tea is calling to soothe my throat so that is all for now. Pray I get over this QUICK.
Photo: Gabriel Metsu found via Menagerie Hill

Comments

Popular Posts